Monday 16 October 2017

NCT Dream: The First

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)



I've realised that while I've been sharing you the releases from NCT 127, I've not shared any of the releases from NCT Dream, I did introduce you to them back when I posted about NCT 127' first mini album NCT #127, so shall we get stared?

On the 18th of August 2016 SM Entertainment announced that NCT's 3rd sub-unit would be called NCT Dream, with the unit's average age coming in at 15.5 (I may have remembered that wrong), with the youngest member being Jisung at 14 and the eldest member being NCT U and NCT 127' Mark being 17. NCT Dream consists of 7 members: Mark, Haechan, Renjun, Jeno, Jaemin, Chenle and Jisung.
On the 22nd of August 2016 both the first Korean and Chinese teasers were released for their 1st digital single Chewing Gum.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Korean Teaser
Owned by SM Entertainment
Chinese Teaser
On the 23rd of August 2016 the 2nd Korean and Chinese Teasers for Chewing Gum were released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Korean Teaser
Owned by SM Entertainment
Chinese Teaser
On the 24th of August 2016 the M/V for Chewing Gum was released along with the digital release of the single.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Korean Version
Owned by SM Entertainment
Chinese Version
On the 1st of February 2017 it was announced that NCT Dream would be making a comeback with their first single album The First, SM also announced that due to health problems member Jaemin would not be participating in the comeback. On the 7th of February 2017 both the first Korean and Chinese M/V teasers were released for their title track 마지막 첫사랑 (My First and Last).
Owned by SM Entertainment
Korean
Owned by SM Entertainment
Chinese
On the same day both the 2nd Korean and Chinese M/V teasers were released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Korean
Owned by SM Entertainment
Chinese
On the 9th of February 2017 both the Korean and Chinese M/V's were released for 마지막 첫사랑 (My First and Last) along with the physical and digital release of their first single album The First.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Korean Version
Owned by SM Entertainment
Chinese Version
On the 10th of February 2017 a Performance M/V was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment

Mark participated on the lyrics for both 마지막 첫사랑 (My First and Last) and Chewing Gum.
Promotions began on the 9th of February 2017 starting on M Countdown and performing both 마지막 첫사랑 (My First and Last) and Dunk Shot. NCT Dream became the first unit of NCT to win music show trophies, winning 3 trophies on SBS' The Show.
The First peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
81,849+
The M/V's for Chewing Gum have gained 24,103,218 million views, with the Korean M/V gaining 21,610,082 million views and the Chinese M/V gaining 2,493,136 million views.
The M/V's for (My First and Last) have gained 7,201,284 million views, with the Korean M/V gaining 6,530,735 million views and the Chinese M/V gaining 670,549 thousand views.

The First is set out in a hardback book style case, with the booklet at one side and the Cd on the other. The concept of the album follows the same concept of the M/V, with a majority of the pictures being bright in colour.

Track List:
마지막 첫사랑 (My First and Last)
最後的初戀 (My First and Last)
Dunk Shot
Chewing Gum
Chewing Gum (泡泡糖) (Chinese Version)

















When NCT Dream first made their debut, I couldn't help thinking they were the perfect age group for Skye to like them and when I first saw and heard Chewing Gum, I spent a lot of time thinking what the hell is this. I'm not really a fan of male groups doing really cheesy cutesy songs, it even made me slightly uncomfortable after seeing both Mark and Haechan doing more mature concepts with 127. I do have to say though that the song is really catchy and it did grow on me but I wouldn't say it's one of my favourite tracks from them. Personally for me I prefer 마지막 첫사랑 (My First and Last) to Chewing Gum, while it may still be a cutesy and cheesy song and M/V, it seemed more mature and more suitable for their ages, I'm sure there are many teenagers out there that had a crush on their teachers, even Busted sang about crushing on a teacher. I'm glad they decided to release a physical copy with 마지막 첫사랑 (My First and Last) because I don't think I could have stomached a photobook of Chewing Gums concept. One of the outfit concepts for this comeback reminds me of the outfits they wear for bullfighting, but they seem to be able to pull it off. I find it odd that I have not 1 but 2 biases for NCT Dream, obviously my main bias is Mark as he's my Ultimate Bias for NCT overall but Jisung is my other bias for NCT Dream, he's just adorable and I'm enjoying being able to watch him grow up on screen, you can see a big difference from Chewing Gum to 마지막 첫사랑 (My First and Last), I seem to have a big sister complex for him. For their first single album they did really well and it made me want to watch what they do in the future, the tracks really suit them well. Check them out below.



最後的初戀 (My First and Last) Chinese


Chewing Gum (泡泡糖) Chinese

Dunk Shot

ALL THE K-POP
Chewing Gum

마지막 첫사랑 (My First and Last)

NCT Dream made another comeback in August, with fans thinking it will be Mark's last comeback as part of NCT Dream with him now being 18, fans are also wondering if Mark does depart from NCT Dream whether Jaemin will make his return to the group, don't worry though people I'm sure SM will create another sub unit for Mark to be a member of, people may see that as a dig but hey if Mark is happy then I'm happy for him to continue doing what he clearly enjoys. I'm looking forward to seeing how NCT Dream grow in the future and to see what they will do each comeback.

Are you a fan of NCT Dream?
Who is your NCT Dream bias?
Do you prefer Chewing Gum or 마지막 첫사랑 (My First and Last)?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment