Monday 13 March 2017

MONSTA X - Rush

Hello
Annyeong
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao


Think it's time to share with you one of the groups I've recently got into, MONSTA X is a 7-member hip hop boy group formed by Starship Entertainment. They were formed through a survival show called No Mercy on Mnet in 2015. 
They made their on the 14th of May 2015 with members:
Shownu
Google Images
Wonho
Google Images
Minhyuk
Google Images
Kihyun
Google Images
Hyungwon
Google Images
Jooheon
Google Images
&
I.M
Google Images
forming the 7-member group.

Rush is MONSTA X's 2nd mini album and on the 3rd of September 2015 an M/V teaser was released for their title track 신속히 (Rush).
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 4th of September 2015 their 2nd mini album Rush preview was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 6th/7th of September the M/V for 신속히 (Rush) was released along with the digital and physical release of their 2nd mini album of the same name. On the 12th of September a performance M/V was released for 신속히 (Rush).
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 19th of September a special clip M/V was released for the track Amen.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
Lastly on the 1st of October 2015 a special clip M/V was released for track Hero.
Owned by Starship Entertainment

Rappers Jooheon and I.M participated on the album with both of them helping co-write the lyrics for 신속히 (Rush), Hero, Perfect Girl & Broken Heart.
Jooheon co-wrote and co-composed track 삐뚤어질래 (Gone Bad).
During their Rush era MONSTA X ranked 3rd on Music Bank with Hero, at the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) 2015 MONSTA X performed their debut track and Hero on the red carpet before receiving the Next Generation Asian Artist Award. TopStarNews revealed that MONSTA X were No.22 on the Top Selling Artists Year-End Chart for 2015, No.18 on the Male Artists Chart and No.46 with their mini album Rush on the Top Selling Albums Year-End Chart for 2015. MONSTA X won more awards with them winning Best Rookie Award on JAPAKO Music, Rising Star award at the 2015 Daum Official Fancafe Awards and won Zeni Star New Face Award.

Rush peaked at No.1 on the Hanteo Chart, No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Korean Sales:
61,494+
Japanese Sales:
1,785+
Totalling 63,279+ copies sold.

The 신속히 (Rush) M/V has gained 10,008,924 million views so far, with the Amen Special Clip M/V gaining 1,868,722 million views so far and the Special Clip M/V for Hero gaining 29,361,114 million views making it MONSTA X's most watched release from debut to their most recent releases.

Rush was released in 2 versions an official version and a secret version, both versions are in a hardback book style case with the official version being silver/platinum and the secret version being blue. The photo book for the official version follows the darker concept of the M/V and has more of an official promotional feel to them, whereas the photo book for the secret version has a more brighter and colourful concept and shows the members having fun as well as giving off more of a behind the scenes look at the album making as well as the filming for the M/V.

Track List:
신속히 (Rush)
Hero
Perfect Girl
Amen
삐뚤어질래 (Gone Bad)
Broken Heart







































I have the secret version of Rush and this is the first album I purchased of MONSTA X's. I watched a video on YouTube of K-pop tracks that were similar and MONSTA X appeared with Hero showing similarities to BTS' track 쩔어 (Dope) so I gave the M/V a watch and was hooked. I'm not surprised that Hero is their most watched M/V as everything from styling, vocals to the choreography is on point. I think it's the first time I've seen a track be nominated for music show awards when it isn't the title track and I'm sure it only ended up being promoted because of how popular it became. I really LOVE this mini album, each track is different and showcases each members vocal talents whether it be singing or rapping, personally for me if I had to pick an album from MONSTA X as an introduction to the group it would be Rush, I'm in the process of getting the rest of the mini albums as I only have 2 so far which is Rush and their last mini release The Clan Part 2, I do have The Clan Part 1 on my iPod but I don't own a physical copy yet. They make their comeback later this month with the final instalment of their The Clan series, which I'm looking forward to. I can't praise Rush any better, it's very rare that I like every track on my first time listening to a new group but Achievement Unlocked with this mini album, I wouldn't say I'm an official MonBebe (fandom name) but I'm happy to be a part of their fan base and will eagerly continue to watch their growth. As always I do have a bias and favourite members that I enjoy watching, maknae I.M is my bias but I do also love watching Wonho and Jooheon. Check out the tracks from their 2nd mini album Rush below.

Perfect Girl
Owned by Starship Entertainment 

starshipTV
삐뚤어질래 (Gone Bad)

Amen

Broken Heart
By Vi LiNa

신속히 (Rush)

Hero

I feel like I should say welcome to the MONSTA X world because I'll be quite surprised if there isn't 1 track on this mini album that won't leave you wanting more.

Are you a MonBebe?
Who is your MONSTA X bias?
Which song is your favourite from Rush?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


Annyeong
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment