Monday 3 October 2016

TaeYeon: Why

Hello
Annyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao



On June 17th 2016 SM Entertainment announced that TaeYeon was making a comeback and would be releasing her 2nd mini album, then on June 20th it was announced that South Korean singer Dean would feature on the mini album. A couple of days later on June 22nd SM Entertainment announced that Girls Generation member HyoYeon would feature on the track Up & Down.

On June 23rd an MV teaser was released for a track named Starlight that featured Dean.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On June 24th the Starlight MV was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On June 25th SM released the first teaser for TaeYeon's title track Why.
Owned by SM Entertainment
The next day on June 26th a second teaser was released for Why.
Owned by SM Entertainment
The MV for Why was released the next day on the 27th of June.
Owned by SM Entertainment

TaeYeon's 2nd mini album was released on the 28th of June with promotions starting the 1st of July, as a thank you to fans for the positive response SM released a dance version MV of the song onto YouTube on the 4th of July.
Owned by SM Entertainment

July also saw TaeYeon have her 1st solo concert tour named Butterfly Kiss which was held July 9th and 10th at the Olympic Hall of Seoul Olympic Park, because of it's success 2 extra dates were added which were on the 6th and 7th of August in Busan, Korea. As a surprise Dean made a special guest appearance to sing Starlight with TaeYeon.
TaeYeon received 2 music show awards through her promotions; 1 for Starlight and 1 for Why.
Why charted in South Korea, Japan and America; peaking at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.30 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.48 on the US Independent Albums Chart, No.15 on the US Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.2 on the US World Albums Chart.
Why Physical Sales:
Gaon: 103,784 copies.
Oricon: 5,235 copies.

Why is set out in the same book style case as her first mini album I, Why is a lot more colourful than her I mini album adding to the summer feel of her new release. The album really stands out amongst all my other K-pop albums. The pictures throughout the booklet are stunning and I love the styling for it too. Everything within the album just gives off a summer feel and if I was a slim as TaeYeon I'd be copying the outfits she wears, you can see in the pictures that she had fun making this album.

Track List:
Why
Starlight (ft Dean)
Fashion
Hands on Me
Up & Down (ft HyoYeon)
Good Thing
Night


























I think Why is a step up from I as I feel you get to hear more of what TaeYeon can do with her voice. TaeYeon is known for her power ballads and high notes, but I feel with Why she got to try out things she probably wouldn't necessarily do, Why as an album also feels like a more positive and upbeat album compared to I, check out the tracks below.

Fashion

Hands on Me

Up & Down

Good Thing

Night

Starlight ft Dean

Why

KBS WORLD TV
If I had to choose between I and Why for which mini album was my favourite I would have to say Why and I hope that TaeYeon does more tracks like this in the future, she may not have wrote any of the tracks on the album but she still sang and performed them like she had, I can't wait to see what else she will accomplish in the future.

Which album do you prefer I or Why?
What's your favourite from the Why mini album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


Annyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment