Thursday 1 September 2016

GOT7: Got It?

Hello
Annyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao


This past month I've found a new male K-pop group that I've really got into so I thought this week I'd share them with you, I have all their Korean releases so expect more future posts about these guys.
GOT7 are a 7-member boy group formed by JYP Entertainment, label mates include 2pm who I have posted about in the past. GOT7 are a multinational group with 3 of the members coming from other countries, JB(leader), Jinyoung(formerly promoted as Junior), Youngjae and Yugyeom are South Korean whereas BamBam is from Thailand, Jackson from Hong Kong and eldest member Mark is American.
Back in 2012 members JB and Jinyoung(then Junior) made their debut as the duo JJ Project with a track titled bounce, which I will be posting about in a future post, while in September 2013 Mark, Jackson, BamBam and Yugyeom appeared on an episode of Mnet's reality survival programme - Who Is Next: Win.
Jumping to January 9th 2014 JYP Entertainment released a teaser that revealed each of the 7 members for their new boy group GOT7.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
3 days later on January 12th another teaser was released introducing each member and revealing their debut track as Girls Girls Girls.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

Just 2 days later on January 14th 2014 GOT7 made their MV debut with Girls Girls Girls.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

GOT7 made their official music show debut on January 16th 2014 on Mnet's Mcountdown performing their debut single Girls Girls Girls. Their debut mini album was released on the 20th of January and was titled Got It?
They saw success on their debut with Got It? peaking at no.2 on the Gaon Weekly Albums Chart and at no.6 on the Gaon Monthly Albums Chart. They also hit no.1 in America on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Their debut mini album is still selling 2 years later too.
2014 - 51,689
2015 - 5,549
2016 - 3,473
Totalling 60,711+ so far.
Also to date the Girls Girls Girls MV has 32,017,411 views on YouTube and continues to raise each day.

I'm in LOVE with the layout of this mini album, I've mentioned before all the different designs, sizes and shapes of K-pop albums and it's one of the things my friend Nichola says she loves me sharing with her as western albums tend to come in the usual CD case.
Got It? is in a white star shaped case with GOT7 in silver making it stand out, with a silver booklet with the lyrics and pictures of the members, even the underneath of the front case/lid has a velvety feel to it.

Track List:
여보세요(Hello)
Girls Girls Girls
난 니가 좋아(I Like You)
따라와(Follow Me)
Like Oh
Playground






















I think for a debut release GOT7 released a really great mini album that introduced each of the members talents as individuals as well as a group. If I had been watching GOT7 from their debut I think this album would have made me anticipate and excited for what the future held for them as a group. I highly recommend checking out the tracks below.

여보세요(Hello)

난 니가 좋아(I Like You)

따라와(Follow Me)

Like Oh
By jjunieo

Playground

Girls Girls Girls
By MBCkpop

My only disappointment for GOT7 is that I never got into them sooner, I found them last year but kept putting off watching one of their MV's as to me on first glance it just seemed weird and too cutesy for me personally for a male group, if your an IGOT7 I'm sure you know what song and MV I'm talking about, but before I get some hate for that comment let me also add that it's become one of my favourite MV's from them but you'll have to wait for more on that one in a future post. I hope at least one of these songs have made you want to hear more from GOT7 and if they haven't check out the next GOT7 instalment for another taste.

Are you an IGOT7?
Whose your bias?
Do you have a favourite track from Got It?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


Annyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment