Saturday 6 August 2016

Japanese Movie Review: The Incite Mill


Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao

Google Images

I thought instead of an anime today I would review a film I've watched a few times and the main reason I felt the need to ever watch this film was because it stars my favorite Japanese actor.
The Incite Mill is a 2010 Japanese psychological thriller, based on the novel The Incite Mill by Honobu Yonezawa. The full name of the film in Japan is Inshite Miru: 7-Kakan No Desu Gemu which translates as The Incite Mill: 7-Day Death Game. The screenplay is written by Satoshi Suzuki and the film is directed by Hideo Nakata, who also directed some other films you many know like the Japanese films: Ring(1998), Ring 2(1999) Dark Water(2002) and L:Change The World(2008) a spin off film from the Death Note films, he also directed the American release of The Ring Two(2005). The film stars Tatusya Fujiwara, Haruka Ayase & Aya Hirayama. The film was released in Japanese theaters on the 16th of October 2010 and goes by the name Death Game in the UK and possibly internationally.
The plot of the film is that 10 people are promised a dream job that pays 112,00Yen($1,236/£685.24+) per hour, no experience or qualifications necessary. They are taken to a remote underground complex and locked up, in a murderous game that will last for 7 days.


Google Images
Google Images
Google Images
Google Images
Google Images
Google Images
As I said at the start of this post Tatsuya Fujiwara is my favourite Japanese actor, I've followed him since I saw him in Battle Royale, which I think I have to say is my favourite Japanese movie, I only have 6 of his films on DVD: Battle Royale, Battle Royale 2: Requiem, Death Note, Death Note: The Last Name, Kaiji and The Incite Mill(Death Game)  (yes I'm counting the Death Note films separate as they are done in 2 parts - a majority of live action anime films are done that way) and I'm finding it difficult to find his films in UK stocked places.

Right back onto the film I really enjoyed this film, I'm a fan of horror and suspense films anyway and it's one of those films where you have to figure who is doing the killing, even though whenever you watch it again you know who is involved and how it starts it's a film that you can re watch and enjoy unlike some films where you watch it once find out who did it and don't feel the need to watch it again. I think all the actors and actress' are fantastic in this film especially Tatsuya Fujiwara. I've noticed in Japanese films that to an outsider it could seem like the actor is over acting with how they scream or shout but I've come to learn that that's just how they express some of their feelings with it being anime or a film, which is why a majority of fans always prefer subbed rather than dubbed. I honestly think that if you want a film that will keep you in suspense or on the edge of your seat then you should give this film a try, never let a subbed film stop you from giving it a try because you could be pleasantly surprised. For anyone that's not good with horror or gore then I think this is also a good film for you as it's not really a jump out at you kind of film and there's no gore in the sense that you turn away from the TV thinking eww.

I don't think I've really sold it really well for anyone that thinks they may want to watch it but it has been a while since I watched it and this post has been finished months after I wanted to originally post it. So I can only hope you trust in me and give it a try, it may be for you it may not be, but you never know if you don't watch it.

Have you see The Incite Mill?
Which name do you prefer The Incite Mill or Death Game?
Did you figure any of it out?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!



An nyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment