Monday 1 August 2016

BTS: The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Part 1!

Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao


It's Monday so that means it's a K-pop post, sorry for the lack of posts last week it was pretty hectic getting things ready in time for one of my best friends get married this past weekend. This week I'm re-visiting another group I've already shared with you BTS if you haven't already check out my past post on them for their first full length album Dark & Wild.

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life pt.1 also known as Hwayang-Yeonhwa pt.1 is their 3rd mini album and the first mini album from their 2 part project series focusing on youth.
On April 17th 2015 Big Hit Entertainment released a comeback trailer which featured Suga rapping a new track.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
By ibighit

April 23rd saw Big Hit drop a MV teaser for a track titled I NEED U, which then led to #INEEDU to trend worldwide on Twitter.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
By ibighit

Just 3 days later on April 26th an album preview was released on YouTube and revealed that the title track was the teased MV I NEED U.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
By ibighit

On April 29th 2015 both the I NEED U MV and the mini album was released with promotions starting the very next day. The mini album was released in 2 versions a pink and white version which contained the same track list but with a different cover, photo book and CD design. May 10th saw an uncut version of the MV also released.
I NEED U
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
By ibighit

I NEED U (original version May 10th)
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
By ibighit

The I NEED U MV reached 1 million views on YouTube within 16 hours and the track won the group 5 music show awards. On June 23rd 2015 Big Hit released another MV for another of the tracks on the mini album titled (Dope). The MV for (Dope) see's them all dressed in different occupational roles showing that while many others their age are out clubbing and hanging out with friends and family that they spend all their time working making sure every time they come back they work harder and make their performance dope.
Dope
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
By ibighit
Dope did slightly better on YouTube than I NEED U with the MV getting 1 million views within 15 hours.

The mini album gained success charting at no.2 on the Gaon Album Chart and rising to no.1 the following week, the album also saw success in the USA peaking at no.2 on Billboard's World Albums Chart and no.6 on Billboard's Top Heatseekers Chart. Fuse also listed the mini album as one of the best 27 albums of 2015 so far and was the only Korean album to do so.

This album was the first time all the members participated in the creation with all the tracks being wrote by the members, members V, Suga and Jungkook also produced some of the tracks with V producing Hold Me Tight, Suga producing (Boyz with Fun) and Jungkook producing Love is Not Over. The success didn't end in 2015 with the group winning the Disk Bonsang Award at the 30th Golden Disk Music Awards that was held the 20th-21st January this year(2016) and also winning the Bonsang Award at the 25th Seoul Music Awards on the 14th of January this year(2016).
Gaon Physical Sales: 261,698+
Billboard Physical Sales: 2,000+
Oricon Physical Sales: 12,061+

It wasn't till this year that I got into BTS and the track that made me want to see more from them was (Dope) I was in awe of their vocals as well as their dance moves and also drooling over a few of the members: Jungkook, Jimin and V in particular. I honestly felt that Rap Monster was speaking to me personally when the translated lyrics came up as the first thing he says is: Welcome, first time to BTS? which I think is an amazing way to pull in any new fans. Since then BTS have been in my list of male groups to follow.

I love how the mini album is set out it looks really pretty with the white book style case and pink flowers, yes I got the pink version, even the pictures inside are stunning, there's even some lines in English throughout the booklet but they could also be some of the lyrics that have been translated. Keeping with the youth theme some of the pages are set out like school work books.

Track List:
Intro. (The Most Beautiful Moment in Life)
I NEED U
(Hold Me Tight)
Skit. Expectation!
(Dope)
(Boyz With Fun)
Converse High
(Moving On)
Outro. Love is Not Over


















































Suga photo card

There isn't a track I dislike on this mini album and I was very tempted just to share all the tracks below but thought I'd limit myself, I was going to share just 5 tracks but I had trouble choosing between 2 so check out 6 of the tracks below.

Converse High

LemoringKPOP. vine
Intro. (The Most Beautiful Moment in Life)

Outro. Love is Not Over

(Boyz with Fun)

I NEED U
By MBCkpop

(Dope)
Mnet K-POPI hope some of these tracks pull you into the BTS world, I couldn't recommend a better group for you to get into, they may not be my favourite male group but they are a group that I admire no matter what they get thrown at them they continue to work harder and harder to keep improving and going up in the K-pop world, they even performed at Kcon in Paris recently, I can only hope they will come to London to do a show so I can witness how Dope hey can be.

When did you get into BTS?
Who is your bias?
What's your favourite track from this mini album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


An nyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment