Thursday 7 January 2016

MISHIBOX: December Unboxing & Review

Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao

Google images

So back in October/November I found a new subscription box service and it was a subscription box that I felt I needed to have in my life but I had to be placed onto a waiting list as they had no spaces free to sign up (good sign right), then towards the end of November/start of December I got an email saying their was a space free and I could join up and subscribe for the monthly box starting with December's box, once I reveal what this box contains if your a regular reader or follow any of my social media pages then you'll know why I'm extremely excited and happy to be getting this box.

Let me start off by telling you a little about this box, MISHIBOX is a subscription service that contains Korean beauty products and as many people know when it comes to South Korea I'm a bit obsessed, I only have to hear it mentioned on the news and my ears prick up and my head turns towards the picture box. If your new to my blog and want to know where my interest for South Korea and Korean products come from then click on the tab that says K-pop and be prepared to make it your life (Family Guy joke but speak to any K-pop fan and they will say it's true). Since getting into K-pop I've always been interested and curious about what products they use because plastic surgery or not their skin always looks amazing (part of their job I guess being in the public eye), even without make-up their skin looks amazing and what better way to sell you products than getting some of the biggest Korean idols to promote them for you.
Pictures from google

I love all my subscription boxes but for my personal interests and my new year, new goal, new me kick up the arse I've given myself I think this financially will be the best subscription I have, not only is it an amazing box to step into the Korean beauty market it will hopefully give me back confidence within my looks via my skin and make-up and I don't think I could have started with a better box from MISHIBOX, so shall we get to the unboxing?


Let me start off with how amazing and pretty the box is which gave me HIGH expectations for what could be inside the box, I wasn't even worried if there would be a major kick back down to reality. The box is pink which gives it a girly and feminine feel and has a seriously cute sillouhette of a bunny rabbit in white with also their company name and tag line: MISHIBOX - Discover Korean Beauty.

On opening the box, everything was hidden away underneath some red tissue paper and sealed together with the MISHIBOX bunny website sticker.


I tried so hard to not rip the paper beacuase it was really pretty, on getting past the tissue paper is where I found all the products within Decmeber's box and they were all upon a bed of green and red shredded card giving the box a Christmassy feel (my box arrived Christmas eve just as I was about to leave for work - bummer right).

Inside the box was a little info card that gives details on all the products within your box and giving the instructions on how to use each product in English helping all us non-Korean speaking folk, some of the products were randomly selected as there were different versions of a certain item available.


The first item in my box was the TOSOWOONG Pure Propolis Mask this mask was randomly selected as there is 6 different masks all with different benefits. Pure Aloe Mask hydrates and improves elasticity, Pure Blueberry Mask boosts radiance, Pure Deep Sea Water Mask hydrates and promotes elasticity, Pure Green Tea mask protects skin from external harmful factors while soothing skin, Pure Snail Mask nourishes and soothes skin and finally the Pure Propolis Mask which I got improves skin elasticity.
How To Use - After your cleanser and toner, apply the sheet mask onto your face. Remove after 15 minutes. Gently pat any remaining essence onto your skin.
Scary I know
On using this mask (my first time using this type of mask) I thought the sheet smelt nice and it was easy to place even though it was a tad wider on my face leaving some hanging off at the sides, the mask felt slimy when taking out of the packet but stopped when placed on my face. With my timer set for 15 minutes I sat writing posts, I did notice my face feeling warmer (I assumed it was because the sheet was cold) and on taking the mask off I noticed I had a reaction to the product as my whole face (apart from a line round my mouth, eyes and nose where the gaps in the mask are) had gone really red and hot, this was my first time having a reaction to a product so I got a bit nervous but after about 30/45 minutes the redness and heat had gone and the panic was over (I couldn't go to work like that), even though the propolis mask wasn't for me I'd definitely give the other masks a try.
Retail price: $2/£1.37
Rate 3/5


Next up was the A'PIEU NonCo Tea tree Spot Patch each pack contains one sheet that has six small and six large patches, they are used to help soothe and treat trouble spots, each patch contains tea tree essential oil, grape seed oil and hyaluronic acid.
How To Use - (1) after cleansing and drying your face, apply the patch to the desired are. (2) leave on for 8-12 hours. (3) Remove the patch after the recommended duration.
I don't really suffer from spots that often so at the moment I'm not in a position to use and try out these patches but if I do get a troublesome spot I think I'll give them a try.
Retail price: $1.50/was £1.03 now £0.68
Rate N/A

Next up we have TONY MOLY Hand Cream, this was another product that was selected at random as there were 4 different hand creams available and again all with different benefits. The peach hand cream is for wrinkle improvement, apple hand cream is moisturizing, banana nourishing and the hand cream I got the tangerine hand cream is brightening, each tub resembles the fruit.
How To Use - Apply an appropriate amount onto your hands after washing your hands or whenever your hands feel dry.
This hand cream is amazing not only is it in an amazing tub but the hand cream smells gorgeous, it goes on amazing and absorbs into the skin really quickly leaving my hands feel soft and moisturised. Every time it gets taken out of my bag to be used I often get funny looks as people think I'm about to start eating some fruit, I definitely feel like I need the other 3 hand creams in my life.
Retail Price: $12/was £8.20 now £6.84
Rate 5/5


Next is TOSOWOONG Enzyme Powder Wash here we have another product from TOSOWOONG, it's a low pH powder cleanser, something I didn't know existed as I've always used a cream cleanser. It's forumalted with Vitamin E and Papain Enzyme to leave your skin feeling clean and fresh without a dry or tight feeling. It's really lightweight so great when travelling.
How To Use - Add a small amount of the powder onto the palm of your hand or a cleansing puff. Just add water and rub to create a rich lather. Gently massage over your face for 30-60 seconds and then rinse with warm water.
The powder is like little beads and on smelling inside the bottle they smelt gorgeous definitely something I would like to use on my face, it's easy to use and is quick and easy to use in a morning if your in a rush and want a clean and fresh face ready to face the day ahead. Many cleansers I have used that require to be rinsed off with water I always find my self drenched head to foot with the water running down my arms as I'm trying to wash it off and could often take me upto 5 minutes to make sure it's all removed, but this after 3 full handfuls of water it was rinsed off and took no more than a minute to be back in my room ready to moisurise and apply make-up. After the first use I couldn't stop feeling my face because it just felt so fresh and smooth. I'm going to keep to me nightly cleanser & toner routine for removing my make-up but this has definitely become my morning cleanse routine something that I've never done before.
Reail price: $12/was £8.20 now ££7.52
Rate 5/5


Next up is MISSHA Konjak Cleansing Puff another item that was randomaly selected as there are 2 different cleansing puffs, Bamboo Charcoal Puff helps absorb sebum, clear pores and removes dead skin cells for a deep cleasnig effect, the White Clay Puff (which I got) helps your skin retain moisture to keep it soft and hydrated after cleansing.
How To Use - Wet the puff with water. Apply your cleanser either directly onto the puff or on your hand. Gently massage your skin in a circular motion. After use, squeeze out all water and then dry in an airy, dry place.
On getting this out of the packaging I was expecting it to have a sponge texture but surprisingly it was moist and felt really soft, it smelt really nice and very familiar but I couldn't place it. It's so easy to use and I'll be using it with my Enzyme Powder Wash.
Retail price: $5/£3.42
Rate 5/5


Last up (sadly) we have another TONY MOLY product, TONY MOLY Delight Circle Lens Mascara another item that was randomly selected as there are 2 different mascara's in this collection. These mascara's are popular and have an intense black colour aswel as being smudge-free, easily washable and are great for sensitive eyes which I can often get when wearing make-up.
How To Use - Add volume to your eyelashes by using the Volume Circle Mascara (pink) and combing upwards in a zigzag shape. Curl your eyelashes upwards using the Curling & Longlash Cirlce (Blue - what I got) by combing up your eyelashes one by one with your brish held vertically.

My new favourite mascara, my eyes can constantly water when I'm wearing make-up making even waterproof mascara appear on my finger as I dab my eyes in an attempt to stop them, but this mascara is amazing, since I've been using this mascara (3 days) my eyes have watered but not to the extent where tears would be rolling down my cheek, even using my finger to dab under my eye none of the mascara appears. Also when it comes to removing the mascara I'm not sat as long wiping at my eyes to remove it. The biggest test I did for this mascara was that I showered with my make-up on, normally when I've done this in the past I've ended up with mascara down my face and with panda eyes, even wiping my finger over my eyeleashes left mascara all over my finger, but with this one my face was mascara free, there was no panda eyes, no mascara fingers and when doing my ususal cleanser and toner make-up removal the mascara was gone. I'm gobsmacked at how incredible this mascara is, I'm gifted with really long and pretty eyelashes and this mascara and this mascara doesn't bulk up my eyelashes infact with my make-up I focus on my eyes as I think they're my best feature and this mascara makes my eyes look both wider, bigger and brighter. I definitely recommend this mascara to everyone.
Retail price: $8/£5.47
Rate 5/5

Now it's time to get down to the business side of the MISHIBOX, like most subscription services there are many options to choose from and MISHIBOX is no different. You can choose from the annual subscription box which is $239.40/£163.66 upfront so that means you can relax knowing a years worth of boxes have been paid for, a 12 month subscription box which is the same price as the above apart from this one only lasts 12 months, a 6 month subscription box which is $119.70/£81.83 and this finishes after 6 months, a 3 month subscription box which is $59.85/£40.92 which again finishes after 3 months and lastly a monthly subscription box which is $19.95/£13.64 and is a reoccurring payment each month, all boxes also have shipping fee's which even with the shipping fee the price of the box is worth it for what you get inside it.
Like what you have seen in this post then head to MISHIBOX website.
I can't wait for my next box.
See you soon!


An nyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment