Friday 30 October 2015

Halloween Week Special: Monster Style Anime's


Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao


Google images

Today I was going to do a post on making pumpkin pie but I won't be making that later on as it has to be made the night before it's needed to get the pest taste experience so going to use it for a later post, so today I'm going to share with you my top 5 ghoulish anime's, I say ghoulish but these anime's consist of gore, demons, monsters and feelings of uncomfortableness. So shall we get started.

No.5
High School of the Dead
Google images
Highschool of the Dead is set in present-day Japan, beginning as the world is struck by a deadly pandemic that turns humans into zombies, euphemistically referred to by the main characters as "Them"
The story follows a group of high school students (and the school's nurse) as they deal with a worldwide catastrophic event known as the "Outbreak". As the cast tries to survive the zombie apocalypse, they must also face the additional threats of societal collapse, in the form of dangerous fellow survivors, and the possible decay of their own moral codes. Starting from the high school, the students escape into town where they must deal with a corrupt teacher and his students. They check their homes for survivors, and pick up a little girl and a dog.
In at No.5 is the first anime I watched in this type of genre and when I first watched this anime it was because I liked the opening theme and how I didn't get how pervy this series was going to be from the opening is beyond me. Many people (mainly my friends) thought it was strange that I enjoyed this show as it's full of girls with big boobs and up skirt shots, something I think that if they'd focused on the story a lot more would have made the show a lot better and possibly kept both the manga and anime running. For a more in depth review of the anime check out my Highschool of the Dead Anime post.

(By shiroyasha123)

No.4
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Google images
Brothers Edward and Alphonse Elric continue their search for the Philsopher's Stone, hoping to restore their bodies, which were lost when they attempted to use their alchemy skills to resurrect their deceased mother. Edward, who lost only limbs, joins the State Military, which gives him the freedom to continue the search as he tries to restore his brother, whose soul is tethered to earth by a suit of armour. However, Edward and Alphonse are not the only ones seeking the powerful stone. And as they search, they learn of a plot to transmute the entire country for reasons they cannot comprehend.
Even though some people wouldn't put this anime in with this type of post I think with some of the moments within the series can leave you feeling uncomfortable and aware of who you connect yourself with. I first watched this anime a few months ago and loved it from the first episode. What I love about this series is that even though it has it's dark moments it has comedy to lighten the mood. This is definitely an anime I recommend everyone to watch whether your an anime fan or not. Check out my Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Anime post.
(By AngelOfDarkness306)

No.3
Blue Exorcist
Google images
The story revolves around Rin Okumura, a teenager possessing abnormal strength and endurance who, along with his twin brother Yukio, was raised by Father Shiro Fujimoto, an Exorcist. One day, Rin learns that he and Yukio are the sons of Satan, the strongest of all demons. Witnessing Shiro dying to protect him, Rin ends up doing what his guardian asked him never to do: draw the demon-slaying blade Kurikara, which restrains his demonic powers, from its scabbard. From that moment on, Rin not only gains permanent demonic features like fangs, pointed ears, and a tail, but also the power to ignite himself into blue flames that can destroy almost anything they touch.
This is one of my series' and the reason that it's taken the third place spot is because the manga is still on going where the anime has taken a different root and finished after one series so for me the end of the anime was a bit anti-climax, don't get me wrong I think the ending is good but it could have ended with more. I love the characters within the series and my favourite has to be Rin the main character. This is another anime I have posted about in the past so check out my Blue Exorcist Anime post.

(By Anopex Z)

No.2
Tokyo Ghoul
Google images
The story follows Ken Kaneki, a college student who barely survives a deadly encounter with Rize Kamishiro, his date who reveals herself as a ghoul, a human-like creature that hunts and devours human flesh, and is taken to the hospital in critical condition. After recovering, Kaneki discovers that somehow he underwent a surgery that transformed him into a half-ghoul by transferring some of Rize's organs into his body, as she died when she attacked him, and just like them, he must consume human flesh to survive as well. With no one else to turn to, he is taken in by the ghouls who manage the coffee shop "Anteiku", who teach him to deal with his new life as a half-human/half-ghoul, including interacting with ghoul society and its conflicting factions, while striving to keep his identity secret from other humans.
Did you get my hint that this series may get placed in this countdown? hint spot the ghoulish. I've seen many people cosplay Kaneki and even though I'd heard of the anime I'd never shown an interest in seeing it, that was until I saw he first volume of the manga had been released here in the UK so thought I'd see what the big deal was. I watched the anime pretty much within 24 hours and thought it was amazing. It does seem that the anime is slow going but the season ends wanting you to jump straight into the second season, I love that in the final episodes it builds up so much that you don't expect it to be the final episode, I'm definitely a fan of the series now and it's another anime that I will recommend people to watch.
(By Daniel Mor16)

Have you guessed what I've placed in my No.1 slot?
An anime full of gore, death & on edge moments.
DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

No.1
Attack on Titan
Google images
The story of Attack on Titan centers around the adventures of Eren Yeager, his foster sister, Mikasa Ackerman, and their childhood friend, Armin Arlert. After the wall which protects their hometown of Shinganshina is breached by Titans, Eren watches in horror as one of them eats his mother. Vowing to kill all the Titans, Eren enlists in the military, along with his friends.
Attack on Titan has to be my favourite anime and manga series, I'm even being one of the characters for Halloween tomorrow. I love all the characters from the series, some more than others *cough Levi cough* I love that from start to finish you are kept on the edge of your seat on what will happen to the characters and who will live till the end of the series. Everyone has their theories on what will happen throughout the series, I may guess at what I think will happen but I can't wait for the story to unfold. If you haven't I highly recommend this anime and check out my Attack on Titan Anime post.
(By Etri Khor)

Honourable mention:
Death Note
Even though I've not finished the anime series, it's definitely worth mentioning in this post.
Black Butler
To be honest just Sebastian Michaelis needs an honourable mention here.

Do you have any dark and horror style genre anime's you enjoy and recommend for me.
If you do please comment them below.
See you soon!



An nyeoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

1 comment:

  1. Love your hair! If you want, we can to follow each other on bloglovin! Just follow me here and I'll follow you back! ♥ https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete