Wednesday 26 August 2015

Shopping in Leeds!


Hello
An nyoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao

So I'm a little behind with my posts this week as you may have noticed and yesterday (Tuesday) was meant to be baking blog but with only making my shortbread for one of my good friends baby shower Sunday I didn't want to post the same baking post so instead it became a shopping post.
For a few weeks me and one of my best friends Kate had planned a girly trip to Leeds for Sushi, Shopping and Cocktails as it was drawing closer to the end of the six week school holidays meaning Kate would be busy back teaching and we wouldn't see each other as often as we'd like. I started off my morning with a small online shop which was some shoes and repurchasing my cat tights from YesStyle.


Online
Mary Jane Platform Pumps - Off White
£21.29


Cat Print Tights
£5.90


Instore
I love shopping in Leeds as well as the food and drink choices that are available while you shop and it's something new from my usual haunts which makes it all that more fun, even though we did visit the usual shops that I love it was something new just seeing the different layouts for the stores. we arrived just after one so our first order of business was food, we tried a Sushi place that we'd never been to and we loved it. WASABI was a really colourful place that offered the choice of either sitting inside or taking out, call me sad but I really loved the tables and chairs they had as they really stood out inside plus they were green and my favourite colour is green. You have the choice of getting ready made bento's or making your own, with selections of hot foods available to order. We sat in to eat ours and I loved the trays as they looked like some of the bento boxes I had seen online but in tray form. I had a ready made Rainbow Bento set, California Hand Roll and something I'd never tried before a Salmon Teriyaki Onigiri all of it was just heaven and really affordable, for a drink I tried something new and mainly picked it because it looked really pretty and it tasted delicious it was Aloe Vera Yuzu and on the site it's described as A sweet, citrusy drink with aloe crystals. Both the Hand Roll and the Onigiri had to be assembled before eating as it was packaged separately but each had instructions on how to do so on the packaging.
Rainbow Bento Set - £7.49
California Hand Roll - £1.99
Salmon Teriyaki Onigiri - £1.59

After food was my favourite shop Lush, if you've never been to Lush where have you been, it's a bath and cosmetic wonderland, don't get me wrong a few years ago just walking past Lush gave me a headache from all the empowering smells inside but now it's the only place I go for my bath bomb obsession, I obviously have my favourites that I always buy but I'm always willing and excited to try new products and a bonus is they fight against animal testing. They offer products from bath bomb's to body wash and shampoo, to face masks, make up, soaps and perfumes and they all have fun names like one of my favourite ranges they have in is called Dirty and I'd say it's a men's brand, they even have seasonal products that come in my favourite comes out at Christmas and is called Snow Fairy. I've recently got into their lipstick range with my favourite being a purple shade called Drive.
I could spend hundreds in Lush but always try and limit myself and this time purchased five bath products with one being for Andrew (I always buy him a Blackberry Bath Bomb), I got three Bubble Bars and one Bath Bomb for myself. The Bubble Bars I got I've never tried before and as far as I'm aware are new in and improved products, I purchased Karma Bubble Bar which is a pyramid bar that's gorgeously purple with gold glitter on top of the pyramid, Milky Bath which is a bar shaped as a milk bottle with silver glitter on the top for the lid, Rose Jam which is all pink and in the shape of a Macaroon it smells divine and it's not even been used yet. Lastly my new favourite from Lush is the Frozen Bath Bomb, it smells gorgeous and the only way I can describe this one is it's Elsa colours.

Karma
Get an instant lift with this bubble bar with our signature exotic orange and patchouli fragrance. Sweet orange oil is refreshing, tangy and uplifting, as is lemongrass oil. Lavandin is a close relative of lavender and has similarly relaxing properties. Pine oil adds a fresh, green note to the perfume and elemi oil, which is traditionally used in incense recipes, adds complexity and freshness.
£4.25

Milky Bath
Don't cry over spilled milk - bathe in it! This comforting little milk bottle bubble bar is filled with uplifting orange oil and skimmed milk to treat your skin to a dose of happiness. A cocoa butter bottle top adds a little bit of extra softness. Simply crumble under running water, for a super bubbly treat of a bath.
£3.75

Rose Jam
Pep up your spirits in a bath filled with Rose Jam: lemon, rose and geranium oil will help perk you up, while coconut oil and shea butter leave you feeling gorgeous. You’ll end up feeling as cheered as though you'd been been given a bunch of flowers. Rose oil and rose absolute give a double dose of rosiness, helping to clear the mind and boost your mood.
£3.75

Frozen
Do you want to have a bath bomb? Do you want to splash and play? Enjoy the most magical soak in the kingdom with this shimmering blue bath bomb, which spills out rolling snowdrifts of silver lustre. Uplifting neroli from Tunisia and precious rose oil from Turkey are sure to spread a little sunshine and melt the iciest of moods. If your day's felt like a series of doors in your face, this shiny, sky blue bomb filled with sparkle provides the perfect fairytale ending. Step in, take a deep breath and let it go. 
£3.95

Blackberry Bath Bomb
As soon as you drop this into your bath, tension is banished as the bergamot and frankincense oils are released. Bergamot is used in aromatherapy for anxiety, depression and nervous tension, and is both relaxing and uplifting as well as antibacterial. You’ll soon feel calmed as frankincense oil helps slow down breathing and induces a feeling of wellbeing.
£3.25

All descriptions taken from the Lush website.

After Lush and a few other stores it was time for one of my new favourite beverages BUBBLE TEA! whenever people ask me what Bubble Tea is the only way I can answer is it's different flavour teas with a choice of flavoured Jelly's, Popping Boba (like bubbles) and Tapioca, I'm not a tapioca girl to me it tastes like liquorice and I don't like the taste or smell of liquorice, I always have Strawberry Popping Boba in mine, we both chose the same drink called Rainbow Ripple with Kate having both Tapioca and Strawberry Popping Boba in hers. This drink was gorgeous but it was like a dessert and was way too sickly and filling not one either of us will be in a rush to order again.

Obviously when your drinking a very sweet and sickly drink they only thing to do is go and have a sweet pretzel, with Kate choosing a pretzel with chocolate on and me opting for a cinnamon sugar pretzel (my favourite), it's safe to say we were both ready to pop with how sick we both felt.

Next shop was good old Primark, I tend to love the show branded t-shirts, dressed and skirts in Primark and was so happy to see that they had started stocking the pleated skirts again, since getting into K-pop my love for pleated skirts has increased and with purchasing one last year I fell in love with them as with my bum and hips I didn't think I could get away with them plus they're great for a cute and innocent look with them having the school girl look to them (from what I have seen most Japanese uniforms have a pleated skirt). I purchased two pleated skirts, one plain black and the other a black checked one.
Plain Black Pleated Skirt
£8

Black Checked Pleated Skirt
£8

Another shop I love that we went to was H&M, this store always calls to my Kawaii side and even though I mainly shop there for Skye I often find clothes that I can't resist like a few years ago a found a cute short skirt with cats on (there was also a dress that matched), that I still love to wear. This visit I found and purchased two sweat shirts, the first one that caught my eye was a black sweatshirt that had two of the places I'd love to visit, let me know if you can spot them. The second sweatshirt was a cream sweatshirt that said Meow or Never with whiskers and cat ears only a fool would resist this one, it's the most Kawaii thing I've seen.

Black Sport Sweatshirt
Tokyo, Seoul, London, New York Kimama ni sekai wo drive tonight
GG(SNSD) - Mr Taxi
£4.99


Meow or Never Sweatshirt
£13.99

Another shop we went to which I forgot to mention earlier was HMV, this is my shop for all things Asian films and Anime and this visit was no different, I was overwhelmed by my selection of POP Vinyl figures a few days previous I purchased Eren in his titan form from Attack on Titan and the Blu ray steel book edition of the Black Butler live action film, I'd been looking for it for a while and on this shopping trip in Leeds my excitement increased when I saw the Colossal Titan (AoT) and Daryl on his motorbike (Walking Dead) but limited myself to Mikasa from Attack on Titan so as of the pops available at the moment I just need two: the Colossal Titan and Eren in his normal form. I was happy to finally find season 9 of BLEACH, I have stopped myself from watching it as I was nearing the end of season 8 and couldn't find season 9 in the shops. I will definitely be coming back to this branch for more POP figures.

Mikasa POP Vinyl Figure
(Attack on Titan)
£12.99


BLEACH Season 9 Complete Boxset
£14.99 

A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain anything without sacrificing something else in return. Although, if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find you have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle, yeah.. a heart made of full metal.
Edward Elric
After all our shopping was done our next and final place was the only place to go for cocktails The Alchemist (we like to pretend we know the Elric brothers and learning alchemy) we had a cocktail that is designed for two called The Mad Hatters Tea Party it's really strange having alcohol out of teacups but it was really cute at the same time, The Alchemist have an incredible and exciting range of drinks whether it be cocktail or mocktail and even though some are highly priced it's just amazing watching them being created, I remember the first time I went I was in awe as my jaw dropped as it all looked like a science experiment, I highly recommend this place and would love to one day go and try the food as from pictures I've seen even that looks jaw dropping.




Mad Hatters Tea Party
Sharer for two! Ketel One, elderflower liqueur, Cointreau, citrus, gomme and water boiled up and infused with a fresh fruit mix. Served warm and smoking in teacups!
£20

Description taken from The Alchemist menu and website

Well that brings us to the end of our girly, fun and hectic day shopping in Leeds, have you been shopping lately? what were your purchases? let me know in the comments below.
See you soon!



An nyoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment