Monday 27 July 2015

Girls Generation: Girls & Peace

Hello 
An nyoung 
Konnichiwa 
Ni hao 



It's K-pop/J-pop Monday and we're onto Girls Generation's second Japanese album Girls & Peace, this was my 3rd GG album that I bought and it's one of my favourite, even though I love all their Korean songs their Japanese songs always seem to be a tad more catchier and even though both Korean and Japanese are hard languages to learn Japanese is easier to grasp with pronunciations and the characters are easier to figure out. I find it easier to follow the Japanese lyrics than the Korean lyrics.
Girls & Peace was released November 2012 after a short hiatus with the girls focusing on solo activities in that time was when Girls Generation-TTS released their first mini album Twinkle (see past post).
Before the release of the album they released 3 singles, the first single was called Paparazzi.
Paparazzi is one of my favourite MV'S from the girls and starts with them constantly being photographed and then shows them walking about on stage in a theatre before the flashes start again showing what it's like to be a member of Girls Generation. I love the styling for the MV as they have 2 outfits the first being burlesque style outfits the 2nd a black and white number with pink gloves. Paparazzi is a upbeat song that is fun to dance and sing along to.
 
Owned by SM Entertainment 

Their second single was a double A-side single featuring a Japanese remake of their Korean single Oh! and an original Japanese ballad called All My Love Is For You.
Oh! kept the theme of the girls being cheerleaders but they seemed to be styled like college students giving them a more grown up look.

Owned by SM Entertainment 
All My Love Is For You is a gorgeous ballad that features all the girls hanging out together and the clothes are kept to simple everyday that anyone could wear.
Owned by SM Entertainment 

Their third single was called Flower Power which is another upbeat song that shows the first glimpse to the theme of their album as air hostess's, they are also seen in biker style outfits and cute outfits aiming at their female audience. This song is one of Skye's favourite Girls Generation songs and I love how they opened up their second Japanese concert with this.
Owned by SM Entertainment 

As I've already mentioned the theme for the album was air hostess's and it seems the colour theme throughout is pink, the colour that is a sign of Girls Generation to all S♡nes (Sone pronounced Sowon). I got a limited edition version of this album which came with a DVD of their MV'S. The track Boomerang also features on their I Got A Boy album but with a different name and different lyrics (Talk Talk)


Tracklist:
Flower Power 
Animal 
I'm A Diamond 
Reflection
Stay Girls
T.O.P
Boomerang
Oh!
All My Love Is For You 
Paparazzi
Girls & Peace
Not Alone 


YoonA

HyoYeon 

Tiffany 


Jessica 

T.O.P Lyrics 

Sunny 

TaeYeon 


SooYoung 

SeoHyun 

YuRi 
Song credits 
Album credits 
Back of booklet

I've already said this is one of my favourite albums from Girls Generation and each song has me singing along and doing some of the dance routines. Here's a few of my favourites.
Flower Power 
Animal 
Reflection 
Stay Girls 
T.O.P 
All My Love Is For You 
Paparazzi 
Not Alone 


Flower Power

Animal

Reflection

Stay Girls 

T.O.P 

Not Alone

I hope you check this album out and enjoy it as much as I do it's definitely an amazing album and their vocals never fail to amaze me and I can't help but smile whenever HyoYeon is heard singing as it's very rare that she gets many singing parts all I will say for future posts is watch this space.
See you soon! 


An nyoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment