Thursday 23 April 2015

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon: better love story than Twilight & Fifty Shades

Hello 
An nyoung 
Konnichiwa 
Ni hao 

Going back to my blog name roots of my love of Anime and Manga, for those who don't know what either of those are I'll explain a little.
Manga
It's basically a book styled as a comic but mainly in black and white and read back to front to how we read our books.
Anime
Anime's tend to be created from a Manga and describe it easy it's basically animation aka a japanese cartoon mainly aimed at teens up and can be watched either subbed or dubbed depending if there is a dubbed version. Shows that would make you realise how popular it is would be Pokemon and YU-GI-OH! and possibly Dragon ball z.

Right back to blog title many of my friends know I love Sailor Moon, I remember watching the show on a Saturday morning and even when it came off air (I never found out if she got the guy) the one thing that always stuck with me and brings memories back to this day was Sailor Moon herself and the English opening theme to the show.

Fighting evil by moonlight
Winning love by daylight 
Never running from a real fight 
She is the one named sailor moon!
How many sang along?
Wasn't till the past two years I got back into Sailor Moon and reading the Manga and watching the original Japan release that I realised how different it was to the version shown here and other western countries. Episodes were removed, scenes cut, relationships changed and character names changed I can understand why for names as in the manga and anime Sailor Moons name is Usagi and princess Serenity the dubbed versions she Serena and princess serena, tuxedo mask is Darren and Prince Damien where in the original he is mamoru  and Prince endymion.
L-R Sailor moon anime boxes (subbed), complete manga collection, Sailor Moon posable and changeable figure.

As always to book to the film I prefer the manga to the original anime, the artwork is breath taking in the manga and the story is so much better. The main plot line is that the scouts are all born from their scout name aka Sailor Moon was born and raised on the Moon (the moon kingdom) and after all coming to a terrible fate they are all reborn on earth and fight evil trying to mess with earth, they quickly learn who they are and where they come from. The only ongoing love story is Usagi and Mamoru which in my opinion is the best love story ever, parted by their early demise in the past they find each other again, true love right there. 
























I recommend Sailor Moon to anyone and everyone, I couldn't contain my excitement when it was revealed for it's 20th anniversary that it was getting a reboot and that it would be following the manga storyline, which means lesbian relationships and transgender characters.
Google Images
Google Images

Google Images
Google Images

The sailor moon franchise also has to manga short stories and a prequel which is yelling the story of Sailor Venus and how she became a Sailor Scout.








I hope I have increased people's interest in Sailor Moon and I hope you give the anime a try or the manga (especially the manga).


An nyoung 
Sayonara 
Zai Jian 
Bye 

1 comment:

  1. I want all the manga!
    Kariss
    www.shystrangemanic.com

    ReplyDelete